You just need to click Create an Account to get started. You will need an email address and password.
After registering, you will receive an email with a link to click, this is so you can verify your account. If you don't receive this email, please check your spam/junk folder as it could be in there. If you still can’t find it, you may have entered your email address incorrectly. If you think this has happened, the simplest thing to do is to re-register with the correct email address. Once the email has been received you must click the link within 48 hours or it will expire. If this happens click Forgotten your account details? to reset your password and have the verification email resent.
What information will I need to register?
To complete the form you will need:
- Names and dates of birth for everyone on the application.
- National Insurance numbers for the main and joint applicant.
- Details of all the places you (and any joint applicant) have lived in the past 5 years:
- Full address including postcode
- Date moved in
- Date moved out
- Landlord addresses, email, and phone numbers.
- Details of any health issues that you or your household may have that are being made worse by your current home.
- Details of any pending or unspent criminal convictions or details of any anti social behaviour.
- Details of any current or former rent arrears or property recharges that you owe to landlords.
Will I need to provide any documentation to support my application?
- Proof of identification for everybody on the application e.g. birth certificate, current passport, driving licence or residence permit issued by the Home Office, national identity card and EEA member state identity card
- Recent proof of address e.g. Utility bill, Council tax bill or benefit award letter
- Proof of National Insurance numbers for the main and joint applicant
- Evidence of your local connection to Hartlepool
- We may seek such references and statements from former landlords and mortgage providers.
- Proof of residency.
- Evidence of immigration status (if applicable).
- Proof of joint custody (if applicable).
- Proof of pregnancy to show the need for an extra bedroom (if applicable).
- Proof of fostering or adopting status (if applicable).
- Proof that members of the household cannot share a bedroom for medical reasons (if applicable)
- Proof of an overnight carer from outside the household (if applicable).